Handicap Accessibility in Williamsburg
- All rooms and suites of the Inn are located on the second floor of the Hitchens Building.
- The Inn does not have an elevator or lift.
- To reach the second floor guests will traverse a 16 step staircase. The stairway is about 5 foot wide and has sturdy iron rails on each side.
- Guests with physical challenges may wish to consider the Drummers Cottage as it requires no steps for entry and is designed according ADA guidelines.
- Please let us know if you have a physical challenge that we may be able to advise you of our capacity to minimize.
As the historic area is about a mile long and a third of a mile wide you will spend a lot of time walking. With that said the Colonial Williamsburg buses are designed to accommodate wheel chairs and some of the major buildings have lifts. If you can manage a few steps to get in to buildings you should be able to see the inside of the majority of exhibitions. A great alternative is to call Williamsburg Mobility. We have had a number of guests use them for scooter rentals. They will drop off and pick up right to the door of the Inn.