We hope you won’t need too much convincing to stay at the Fife & Drum Inn during your next trip to Williamsburg, but we understand there are quite a few hospitality options in our little town. For that reason, we’ve compiled a list of the top five reasons why our bed and breakfast in Williamsburg is the best choice for you during your stay…
- Location, location, location! Nowhere else in Williamsburg offers accommodations so close to the colonial district for such affordable prices. We are steps away from the historic streets of Colonial Williamsburg in one direction and William and Mary’s beautiful campus in the other.
- The comfortable, relaxing atmosphere each of our rooms offer can’t be beat. Each room is uniquely designed to celebrate a different theme of colonial heritage and pays homage to the olden days with carefully selected artifacts, artwork and décor. Every room contains a bed fit for King William himself and are accompanied for luxurious bathrooms to make even your morning routine serene and comfortable. The relaxing back porch and plush sofa in our common area really seal the deal.
- Your hosts and innkeepers, Billy, Sharon and Rhonda, are all Williamsburg natives. They can provide countless recommendations and incomparable information on the history of the area. An added bonus: the many connections they’ve made over the years mean they’re often able to snag discounts on certain tickets, or secure reservations at Williamsburg’s best restaurants for visitors.
- The delightful southern breakfasts will leave you full and satisfied, ready to tackle a day of exploring the area. Each morning a buffet of fresh fruits, Virginia ham biscuits, crisp bacon, yogurts and granola and delicious, fresh-baked casseroles is served for our guests. The casseroles rotate day-to-day, but our favorites include a cheddar-herb strata and the blueberry French toast casserole with a drizzle of maple syrup. If you visit during the Christmas season, you’ll enjoy Mom Fannye ‘s Breakfast Casserole.
- A complete unique experience keeps our guests coming back. We enjoy assisting our guests in enhancing the experience of their visit to the historic area, helping them truly make the most out of their vacations. We have countless returning guests, some of whom have been coming for a decade! Read what they have to say about the Fife & Drum Inn:
“A big part of the travel experience is the interaction you have with people along the way. Sharon and Billy are friendly, caring hosts (and great breakfast cooks, too!) Their staff is pleasant and helpful. The great location is a plus, but I’d stay here again no matter where it was. I’ll be back.”
“The location was perfect, everything is within walking distance. Decor was very fitting of colonial Williamsburg. Amenities very clean and had everything we needed. The owners were great, very helpful. We will definitely be back!”
“It’s located within the blocked off streets of Colonial WB, and the College of WM is across the street. Easy walking distance to all things Colonial Williamsburg. Very cool old rooms, brought up to high modern standards. The building has been in the same family that runs the inn for a long time. You can really feel the pride taken in everything they do here. There is nothing like walking out the door at night into 1720 Williamsburg to really get the “back in time” feeling. Will return for sure. Even our teenage kids loved it.”
We are thrilled to open our doors to a variety of guests – from families and couples coming for vacation to those who are in the area for work temporarily. Our prime location, knowledgeable staff and great amenities keep people coming back. We hope we’ll become your go-to inn when you visit Williamsburg, too!