We are open for business!
We are continuously reviewing and updating our operations to provide a safe, comfortable, and relaxing environment here at the Fife & Drum Inn. The following are just some of the steps that we have taken to adapt our practices to meet CDC guidelines for the Covid 19 virus. Breakfast
Employee & Guest Health Concerns
- We will temporarily change from our buffet breakfast to continental breakfast items. Unless otherwise requested, tables will be set for two, with a maximum of eight guests in the dining room at a time. To allow for spacing, breakfast will be available between 7:45 to 9:15 AM.
- We will be using wrapped sterilized flatware, paper place mats and napkins.
- There will be some “grab and go” items available for guests who do not want to eat in the Common Room. Please note there are no tables in the guest rooms for dining.
- Our famous chocolate chip cookies will be individually wrapped!
- We are checking temperatures for staff (and ourselves) twice a day.
- Responding swiftly and reporting to local health officials any presumed cases of COVID-19 at the hotel property shall be a staff-wide requirement. Any staff member that may be exhibiting signs of illness will stay home to recover.
- There will be sanitizing stations at the base of the main stair, the top of the stairs, and between the Common Room and Coffee Bar.
- Room keys will be sanitized, and staff will have washed/sanitized hands before handing room keys to our guests.
- Hands will be sanitized prior to handling guest credit cards.
- Staff will sanitize immediately after handling any guest property.
- In many cases we may be able to offer guest a room that has not had a guest for at least 24 hours
- We continue to disinfect guest rooms and bathrooms, to include light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, clocks, and all hard surfaces. This also applies to Inn common areas where we are frequently cleaning and disinfecting all hard surfaces, handrails, doorknobs, and light switches, table and chair surfaces.
- We have temporarily removed decorative pillows, duvets and shams from the beds
- Beds will be triple sheet, with a removable washed covering.
- Cleaning products and protocols shall include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens
- Daily freshening of the rooms has also been suspended for the current time.
- Fresh towels will be available when requested.
- Housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested.
- Linens, towels and laundry shall be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines
- There will be sanitizer at the coffee bar, and we request all guests use the sanitizer prior to self-serving coffee.
- Guests will not be required to wear face masks
We appreciate your understanding and consideration during these times and look forward to you enjoying a relaxing and safe stay at the Fife and Drum Inn. Hotel industry health and safety protocols will be updated in accordance with CDC guidelines as we learn more about COVID-19 and ways to combat it operationally for the safety of guests and employees.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at bscruggs@FifeAndDrumInn.com Sharon and Billy Scruggs