A Williamsburg getaway is only made better with all the opportunities to hear live music, especially in the summer! Have you attended any of these before? If not, we suggest including some live music in your visit! Downtown
- Summer Breeze Concerts are a Merchants Square tradition; each Wednesday of the season, different artists perform outside on Duke of Gloucester Street for free. So grab a lawn chair and take some to-go food from one of the many restaurants around!
- Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre Concerts take place in perhaps the most beautiful venue in Williamsburg. Enjoy a variety of concerts, many times free, with a backdrop of the gorgeous lake and college woods.
- Kimball Theatre brings in all kinds of musical acts – find their schedule here.
- Taverns – dine in a colonial atmosphere, partake in “Gambols” at Chownings, all whilst being serenaded with tavern songs by talented musicians.
- Palace & Capitol Concerts – there is nothing quite like an elegant baroque concert by candlelight. Schedule here.
A Few Restaurants
- The Fife & Drum Corps – one of the most iconic sights and sounds of Williamsburg (and our namesake, of course) can be heard several times a week strolling down DoG Street.
- Funhouse Fest – Happening June 23-25, this is the second year of this festival created by Williamsburg native Bruce Hornsby, and the lineup is amazing this year!
These are a few great places to eat in the area, with equally great live music to fill out the atmosphere.
- Berret’s Seafood Restaurant & Taphouse Grill
- Oceans & Ale
- Cogan’s Deli & Sports Pub
Click for more dining options in Williamsburg