DATE IDEAS & ROMANCE IN WILLIAMSBURG
1. The Spa at Colonial Williamsburg is a perfect way to relax with your valentine on any day of the year.
2. Dinner at the Fat Canary*, a true Williamsburg treat usually requiring a reservation due to its popularity
3. Dinner (and a show) at A Chef’s Kitchen*, where chef John Gonzales cooks your multi-course meal right in front of you, pairing with drinks all along
4. Find the perfect gift at the Precious Gem in Merchant’s Square
5. A scenic carriage ride through Colonial Williamsburg – where else will you have the chance to see the sites in a colonial carriage?
*ask us to help make reservations for you!
PROPOSING IN WILLIAMSBURG?
There are many spots for proposing in Williamsburg that are ideal. Here are our top 3.
Crim Dell – a romantic bridge hidden behind the Sunken Gardens of William and Mary College, this spot has seen many a proposal in its time.
The River – in our area we have not just one, but TWO scenic rivers: the James and the York, both a short, beautiful drive away via the Virginia Parkway. Sunset on the river is an unforgettable place to pop the question.
Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre – this gorgeous outdoor theatre hidden in the college woods is a perfect backdrop to get on one knee.
CELEBRATE AN ANNIVERSARY IN WILLIAMSBURG
“We have returned to the Fife & Drum for our anniversary each year. It is the little special touches that mean so much to us.” ~ Sarah & Roger
Through the years, we at the Fife and Drum Inn have hosted countless anniversary celebrations and weddings. Our space provides the perfect relaxing, private area for your occasion and Billy and Sharon can help you come up with the perfect plan for romance. See our Romance Package here!
Weddings in Williamsburg are always a wonderful idea, in our opinion. Some of the best places for the ceremony to consider include:
The Wren Building at William & Mary
Jamestown Church at Historic Jamestown
Bruton Parish Church in Colonial Williamsburg
We hope you will consider a romantic getaway in Williamsburg this year… you may just fall in love all over again!