If you are looking for hotel lodging near the College of William and Mary, you will be especially pleased with the Fife & Drum Inn’s location. We are just a one block walk to the historic heart of William and Mary. We are adjacent to a number of the shops and restaurants of Merchants Square. Our Williamsburg bed and breakfast is the perfect place to stay while exploring the Historic Triangle of Virginia. From here you can easily visit Colonial Williamsburg, as well as Yorktown and Jamestown, Virginia.
It can be somewhat confusing to get to our door
The City of Williamsburg has made street changes downtown to allow for more outdoor dining. Accordingly, the 400 -500 blocks of Prince George Street have been made one way heading east. To get you to the Fife & Drum Inn with the least confusion, we recommend the following:
- From I – 64, Take EXIT 238. (Camp Perry Exit)
- At the second light, turn right onto Route 132 South
- This takes you right into the downtown (about 2 miles).
- When you cross the railroad tracks, turn right at the light onto Lafayette Street
- At the next light turn left onto North Boundary.
- Go one block, passing Scotland Street.
- You can pull directly into our parking lot on the far side of the little brick cottage on the right at 218 North Boundary. MAP
- There are curbs in the spaces that say Fife & Drum Inn. If there are no Fife and Drum Inn spaces left, you may park in the City garage behind the Inn. The entrance is on North Henry St. We will cover the cost. MAP
- Our building is on the corner of North Boundary and Prince George Streets (just across the street from the Inn parking lot). You will see the Sweet Tea Shop on the corner. We are the second door on the left after the Sweet Tea Shop (441 Prince George St).
- The parking lot is located across Boundary Street from the Inn. All spaces are marked “Fife & Drum” our spaces are marked B,C,D,E,F in red letters on white bumper blocks in front of each space. MAP
- This space is suitable for any typical family vehicle. The inn provides 1 free, off-street parking space for each room or suite registered.
- Occasionally when all rooms at the Inn are booked some guests will be directed to park in the city garage behind the Inn. MAP
- You must be registered to park. Parking privileges are available from 3PM on day of check in to 11AM on day of check out.
- You may park briefly in the loading zones to drop your luggage We will be glad to help you bring your luggage up the stairs. Please let us know in advance if you need assistance.
- Although vandalism and theft rarely occur anywhere in the Williamsburg area, we assume no liability for owners’ vehicles or contents thereof.